Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl Sunday

Well, it's Superbowl Sunday and I hope that the Colts beat the Saints! You see, I believe that it was truly supposed to be the Colts vs. the Vikings but instead the Saints got in there. If you look at the statistics of that playoff game of the Vikings against the Saints, the Vikings were truly the better team! I didn't like the way the Saints were playing that day and in my mind they played, dirty. They said their motto for that day was to kill the beast, you had to kill the head and the body will fall. I'm all for letting players play but when they are trying to injure a legendary quarterback and one of those players used to play alongside him with the Packers, that was unbelieveable! I know there are bad calls by ref's every Sunday, but there were so many bad calls or no calls in favor of the Saints, it drove me crazy! To think that Brett might end his career with a "pick" also kills me. People seem to think that he lost the game, but go back and watch that game, that was truly a "team" effort and he played much better than that team that day. Many players either dropped the ball, caused fumbles and the defense definitely didn't play the way they killed the Cowboys (my favorite team, by the way) the week before and the icing on the cake was the call that one of the coaches made that led up to having 12 men in the huddle, that was why they lost and NOT because of Brett!!!
I sure hope that he comes back next year but ONLY if the team stays in tact and he is healthy! I know he's 40 and he has accomplished everything and more than any football player would ever want to accomplish! I already told my husband that when Brett has the honor of being inducted into the Hall of Fame in Canton, we're there!!!
That's my opinion but what do I know about football, I'm just a girl...

4 comments:

One Knit One Purl said...

Hi Lynne,

Welcome to Blogland! Your blog is very nice. I hope the Colts win too!

Love, Susan

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Lynne! Welcome to the land of Blog! It is so nice to meet you. Thank you for adding me to your blog roll. I am going to add you to mine too. Hope to see you again soon.
Penny

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Lynne, welcome to blogging! I'm a friend of your sister's, and I am going to so enjoy looking at your etsy shop. Such pretty hearts!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Bonjour Lynn! I love your sister's blog and have been following her since my start early last year. I hope you enjoy blogging; it is so much fun. Your art work is stunning as I can see you too enjoy using photography! I wish you luck in all that you do! Anita